(Adapted from Jeera Biscuits: Recipe Junction and Eggless Jeera Cookies:Peanuts on the Road)In the ongoing event on KFB: Know Your Blogger, I came across a wonderful recipe of savoury cookies. These cookies were savoury cookies with a flavour of jeera (cumin). Indrani, my fellow KFBian had posted this wonderful recipe in her blog. Check out her original recipe here.
Then another fellow KFBian Anwesha, posted an eggless version of this recipe. This clinched the deal for me! I was looking for an eggless recipe for my Saturday evening tea time.
So here it is!
The recipe is:
All purpose flour/ Maida: 1 cup
Whole-wheat flour/ Atta: 1 cup
Powdered sugar : 1/2 cup
Vegetable/soyabean Oil : 1/4 cup
Butter: 1/4 cup
Cumin seed: 2 tblsp.
Salt: 1 tsp.
Baking powder : 1 and a half tsp.
Water or milk(in room temperature) to knead the dough
Process:1. Pre-heat your oven to 180 degree C or 375 degree F.
2. In a bowl, take both the flours, salt, powdered sugar, jeera (cumin seeds) and baking powder. Mix well.
3. Add butter, oil, and enough milk/water to knead the dough.
4. Knead the dough till it all comes together. Do not over-knead the dough. Just make sure that there are no lumps.
5. Now roll into lemon size balls.
6. Now flatten the balls with your hands. Make sure you flatten the cookies well. This will make the cookies more crisp. Press the sides of the cookies with a fork. Decorate with some jeera or cumin seeds.
8. Bake for 10-12 minutes at 180 degrees C.
9. Cool to room temperature and serve with steaming mugs of tea.