(Adapted from Chocolate Chip Cookies: Tarla Dalal)As Christmas draws nearer, I feel like abandoning all care to the winds..and bake, bake, bake away to glory. Alas! work does not always permit me to do all my dream baking.
But when the Kolkata Food Bloggers put up an event for Christmas, I just jumped right in and baked something on a tiring week night.
Since, there were not too many ingredients at hand, I wanted something simple. And the best I could come up with was chocolate cookies. I did not have any eggs at hand so of course they had to be eggless. I got a very good recipe from Tarla Dalal's website for chocolate chip cookies. I tweaked it some more and came up with this versatile and easy recipe.
This recipe yields around 15 cookies. They are crunchy, munchy and super-yummy. My little S ate 9 of them!!
Here is the recipe:
Ingredients:APF/Maida: 1 cup
Powdered sugar: 3/4th cup
Cocoa powder (unsweetened): 2 tablespoons
Butter: 1/3rd cup or 60 grams (softened at room temperature)
Vanilla essence: 1/2 teaspoon
Baking power: 1/2 teaspoon
Milk: 2-3 tablespoon
Process:1. Beat the butter and sugar till they are creamy. You can use the hand mixer to do this.
2. In a separate bowl add the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder.
3. Add the butter sugar mix to the flour. Add milk and knead into a dough.
4. Roll the dough into lemon sized balls.
5. Press into flat cookie shape with your hands. Don't apply too much pressure or else the cookie will crack.
6. Pre-heat the oven to 180 degree C for 1 minutes. Spread butter paper on a baking tray and grease with oil. Place the cookies on this greased tray.
7. Bake the cookies for 25 minutes.
8. The cookies will turn brownish on the under-side. Cool to room temperature.
9. Munch away with your evening cuppa.
I am sending this recipe to the event on Kolkata Food Bloggers,