(Adapted from Veg Recipes of India: Jam Roll Bread)
This week I am posting a hot favourite at my home. The first time I made this bread, everyone loved it. The whole loaf was over in no time.
The jam roll loaf is basically a loaf of bread with a swirl of jam in the center. Unlike the Swiss roll, where you bake the cake and then roll it up, the jam roll loaf is baked with jam inside it.
This is a complete eggless recipe and very easy to make.
Here is the recipe:
All purpose flour: 2 cups
Whole wheat flour: 1 cup
Instant yeast: 1 and a half teaspoon
Sugar: 1 and a half tablespoons
Butter: 1 and a half tablespoon
Salt: 1 teaspoon
Milk: 3/4th cup
Water: 1/2 cup
1. Mix milk, water, and sugar. Warm this mixture till lukewarm. Add the yeast and keep undisturbed for 10 minutes.
2. Now add salt to the APF and whole wheat flour. Add the liquid mixture to this and mix well with hands.
3. Knead the dough till it is smooth and pliable and springs back on pressing down,
4. Now grease a deep-bottom vessel and dunk the dough in that. Let rise till double in size.
5. Once the dough has risen to double its size, press the dough to release all the trapped air.
6. Dust the working surface with some dry flour. Roll the dough to form a rectangular shape.
7. Smear jam on top on the dough.
9. Now grease a loaf tin and dunk the log in that. Allow it to rise for 45 minutes. The dough will rise above the rim of the tin.
10. Pre-heat the oven to 240 degrees C for minutes. Cover the bread tin with tin foil and place in pre-heated oven. Bake for 10 minutes.
11. Now lower the temperature to 210 degrees C. Bake for 25 minutes.
12. Now remove the foil and bake for 5 minutes more at the same temperature in the Grill mode.
13. Take out of the oven. Brush with butter/oil/milk.
14. Let the loaf come down to room temperature. Slice and enjoy