This week I am posting a no-fail raisin cake recipe that I have made several times over. This recipe is extremely forgiving...you just cant go wrong with it. Just follow the measures as given in the recipe and you will get a yummy, moist cake that your family will love.
Whole wheat flour: 1/2 cup
All purpose flour: 1 cup
Sugar: 1 cup
Vanilla essence: 1 teaspoon
Baking powder: 1 teaspoon
Baking soda: 1/2 teaspoon
Cocoa powder: 3 tablespoon
White oil: 1/2 cup
Milk: 1/4th cup
Raisins (chopped): 1/4th cup
- Beat the eggs well. Add sugar and mix well. Now add oil, milk, and vanilla essence.
- In a deep-bottom bowl, add the whole wheat flour, APF, cocoa powder, baking powder, and baking soda.
- Now add the dry mixture to the wet mixture in two batches. Mix well till you get a thick, lump-free batter.
- Fold in the chopped raisins.
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees C for 10 minutes. Pour the batter in a greased cake pan. Make sure that batter fills up only half the baking pan.
- Tie a wet towel strip around the pan to prevent cracking of the top surface of the cake.
- Sprinkle a few chopped raisins on the top surface of the cake.
- Bake the cake for 40-45 minutes.
- Remove the cake from the oven. Set aside to cool.
- After ten minutes, de-mold the cake. Slice the cake and serve with love.