(Star shaped pizza adapted from: Pizza Recipe from the Scratch: Sumod Tomz blog)
Kids love pizza. Small kids and....... big kids like me and my hubby.
I have made chicken pizza from the scratch several times but got down to posting it today.
Also, when I saw the star shape pizza on Sumod Tom's blog, I was dying to make it. I also made a regular pizza.
Please pardon my photography. It was not the best today.
You can check his recipe from this link.
Here is how I made it.
Pizza dough: 1 ball
For pizza sauce:
Tomatoes: 2 roughly chopped
Onion: 1 chopped
Tomato sauce: 3 tablespoons
Tomato puree: 2 tablespoons
Mixed herbs: 1 teaspoon
Salt and sugar to taste
Garlic: 5-6 pods, finely chopped
Butter: 1 teaspoon
White oil: 2 teaspoon
For assemble the pizza/toppings:
Chicken sausages: chopped, 1 cup
Red capsicum: 1 chopped
Yellow capsicum: 1 chopped
Black olives: 2 tablespoons
Mozarella cheese: grated
Procedure:1. First you need a ball of pizza dough. Pizza dough is same as bread dough. To know how to make bread dough, click here.
To make pizza sauce:
2. Heat some butter and white oil. Add the chopped garlic and onion.
3. Fry for a minute. Add the chopped tomatoes.
4. Fry for a minute and add the tomato sauce along with tomato puree.
5. Add salt and sugar to taste. Mix well. Add the mixed herbs and take off the flame. Keep aside to cool.
To assemble the pizza:
6. Roll the dough into a big roti/crepe about 8 inches in diameter.
9. Place a layer of pizza sauce along the edges. Place the chopped veggies and add some oregano. I added chopped chicken sausages. Finally add shredded mozarella cheese on top.
10. Now pull and join the edges from both ends as shown.
12. Bake for 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and enjoy the steaming hot pizza.