(Adapted from the Oven Baked French Fries: Cocoawind)
This is week I am back on track. The past two weeks have been terrible with my little one down with a nasty viral fever. She took a full week to get better. At almost the same time, my mom met with a minor accident, sustained a knee injury and was laid up for two weeks.
I was feeling so low that could not get myself to blog anything. Both the girls in my life are getting better...so I am back with a BANG!
This time the Kolkata Food Bloggers are conducting an ongoing event called "Know Your Blogger". The blogger who is in focus this week, is the beautiful, super-talented, Sarani. Her blog is known as Cocoawind. Do check it out for a wide variety of lovely recipes.
While browsing through all the recipes I found the exact one for me. The recipe in question is Oven Baked French Fries. You can check the original recipe here.
This recipe is a sure-shot winner. It is a guilt-free recipe where you can make french fries with just two teaspoons of oil.
Here is the recipe:
Big-sized potatoes: 2
Oil: 2 teaspoon (I actually used 3 tsp)
Freshly-ground black pepper: 1/4th tsp
Salt to taste
1. Wash the potatoes and cut them in the shape of French fries.
2. Now pre-heat the oven at 425 F/ 220 C for 10 minutes.
3. Toss the potatoes in a mixture of oil, pepper, and salt. Make sure each potato piece is well coated with this mixture and spread with on a greased baking tray.
4. Place the tray in the pre-heated oven and bake for 30 minutes. After 30 minutes, the French fries were done but I kept them in the oven for for 10 more minutes to make them crispy and brown.
5. Remove from the oven and serve hot with tomato ketchup.
I am sending this recipe to the ongoing event on KFB.