Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Spicy Chicken Meatloaf: Indian Style

(Adapted from Specialty Recipes from Mye Kitchen)

One of my good friends S has requested me several times to put up this recipe. It was sheer laziness that made me dilly-dally for so long.

Chicken meatloaf is basically a continental dish. However, I am not a die-hard fan of continental food. I find continental dishes a tad too bland to suit my palate. Hence, I was looking for a indianized version.

Finally, I found a real Indian version of the same here.

Here is how I made it:

Ingredients:

Chicken keema /minced chicken - 500 grams
Green chillies (minced) - 2
Fried cashewnuts - 25 (I did not have cashewnuts so I avoided this ingredient.)
Red chilli powder - 1 teaspoon
Turmeric powder - 1/4th teaspoon
Salt to taste
Oil (as per requirement)
Eggs beaten - 1
1 egg (for egg wash) - optional

Masala paste:

Onion - medium - 1
Ginger minced - 2"
Garlic - 6 cloves
Shredded coconut - 1/4th cup (I used coconut milk powder.)
Cumin/Whole Jeera - 1 teaspoon
Fennel/Saunf - 2 teaspoon
Cloves - 4
Green Cardamom - 1
Cinnamon stick - 1"

 

Procedure:

1. Grind all the ingredients of the masala paste to a fine paste in the mixer.












2.In a deep bottom bowl, mix all the ingredients and the masala paste. Mix well. Keep this mixture covered in the fridge for an hour.














3. Grease a loaf pan with oil. Pre-heat oven to 200 degrees C. You need to ensure that the meat is packed loosely so that it cooks well. Brush the top lightly with egg-wash or oil.













4. Place the loaf pan in the middle rack of the oven and bake for 30 minutes.

5. Next, set the Grill option for 10 minutes. This will give the meatloaf a wonderful golden-brown color.

6. Take the meatloaf out of the oven. Serve hot!













Do write in and tell me if you liked this recipe. I would love to hear from you.

No comments:

Post a Comment